Translate

Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Trip of Life

The Trip of Life

I rambled through my childhood.
I skipped through my teens.
I ran through my early twenties; then had a tumble in my late twenties; when I realized I had three children and was alone because we both worked at jobs we loved but the jobs created long hours away from each other, and our children.
In my thirties I caught my running stride again. I continued to run until my early forties when my first grandchild was born. I tripped then and started falling into my fifties when the great grandchildren started to be born.
I righted myself, caught my breath, and walked into my sixties.
Now I find I have fallen into my seventies.
I will probably crawl into my eighties.
But through all of this, it has been an enjoyable trip.


By A. A. Thomas, June 6, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment