Translate

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Memories from Anne

I haven’t lived an interesting live like Ms Alberta, but I thought I would add a few of my memories growing up with Ms Alberta and Dad.


My very first memory was of the coal mining camp. My grandmother lived on the other side of a small rushing creek.

There was a wide log that crossed the creek and I knew that was the way to get to my grandmother, Mom Shoupe’s house.

I could hear and see a honey bee buzzing beside my head as I 
considered crossing that log. I can remember thinking that if Ms. Alberta saw me crossing that I wouldn't be allowed to go; so I 
decided that I should walk across backwards.

That is what I was doing when Ms Alberta saw me. My short visit 
to Mom Shoupe’s house was over before it got started.


Ms Alberta said I was about three years old when I did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment