Translate

Friday, January 9, 2015

Ms Alberta and Roses

Wilma Thomas Noe shared Ricki-Lee Anderson's photo.
July 4, 2013
This is crazy crazy !! Never waste cut roses

Did you know that you can grow roses from cuttings?


Simply cut healthy stems, place them in large potatoes, and them 

bury them 3-4 inches deep in a healthy soil mixture of peat moss 

and top soil. The potatoes keep the stems moist and help develop 

the root systems. It's a perfectly simple way to multiply your rose 

garden without spending lots of $$$.


Ms Alberta loved roses of all kinds; but yellow roses were her favorites. 

When I first bought the house in Stanton I bought a knock out rose for the front yard. When I planted the rose I accidentally cut off a small branch of the rose.

Ms Alberta picked the branch up, dipped it in Root On, then stuck the branch into the ground. The next summer the branch Ms Alberta had rescued was larger than the knockout rose I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment