Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ramblings from Ann


This coming Sunday, June 17, 2012, will be Father’s Day. I guess that is why I have been thinking so much about my father as well as Ms Alberta.

Dad loved to tease Ms Alberta. In my mind, I can see and hear them together. He would get a mischievous light in his eye and Ms Albert would say “Now Harold!” Then they would be off and running; always with my Dad in pursuit.

The picture I have used of the two of them together is one that I took shortly after we moved into the house on old 31W, which is now called Sportsman’s Lake Road, in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.

Dad was threatening to give Ms Alberta a ”whiskering”. Ms Alberta had told him she wouldn’t give him a kiss because of his whisker stubble; so of course the chase was on with us three children in close pursuit behind.



When Dad had a heart attack and died On January 14, 1967, he was forty two, Ms Alberta was forty, Danny was eighteen, Jean was seventeen; and I had turned twenty one two weeks before in December.

I miss them both but know that I will see them again some day when the Lord calls us all home.

No comments:

Post a Comment