Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Friends: Four Legged as Well


When my ex-husband died from cancer in 2008 I inherited his little brindled Boston Terrier, Chyna. I’ve always told the kids Chyna was his revenge on me because she snores louder than Heinz ever did.

Chyna loved Ms Alberta very much. One night when I tried to put Chyna in my room to sleep she let me know in no uncertain terms that she wanted to sleep in the living room on the couch. So, since she isn’t spoiled at all, I let her sleep on the couch.

When I got up the next morning I couldn’t find Chyna anywhere. I looked all over the house, even under my bed. I knew there was no way Chyna could be in Ms Alberta’s room, because that door was closed. I looked and worried until it was time for Ms Alberta to take her first medicine of the day.

When I opened the door, there was Chyna snuggled up to Ms Alberta’s back. “Good Morning!” Ms Alberta called; “How are you this morning?”

“I’m doing fine. Have you seen my dog?” I asked. “No.” Ms Alberta answered. “Have you lost Chyna? Where could she be?”

“Do you really not know where she is?” I asked. “No. I don’t.” Ms Alberta answered.
“Try looking behind you.” I said. “How did she get there?” Ms Alberta was as surprised as I was.

We finally figured out that when Ms Alberta had gotten up to use the bathroom that Chyna had slipped into her room and then after Ms Alberta had gone back to sleep, Chyna had jumped up onto the bed.

Ms Alberta laughed and said, “That explains why my back stayed so warm last night.”
Chyna and Ms Alberta after the Great Escape

Chyna 2009

Christmas 2010
Ms Alberta sent her a new collar for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment