Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2012

1966 - 1968 First Grand Child


1966 – 1968
1966 – October 31 - First Grand daughter Edith Christina Booher Born
Our oldest daughter, Ann, had gotten married December of 1965. Her husband, Heinz Booher was a Marine that had been stationed in Hawaii. Ann was expecting our first grandchild.
Harold and I had moved to Dayton, Ohio after Ann went to Hawaii to be with her husband Heinz. Harold was managing a service station that one of his brothers owned.
We had moved a trailer in next to our house on Old 31W and rented the house to Danny and his wife Velda Darline Sherrard Thomas. I was working for W. T. Grant’s and we had finally caught up on our bills and had a good Christmas.
I wasn’t too happy that Ann was living in Hawaii, and was pregnant with my first grandbaby. Harold had all ready told me that I wasn’t allowed to go there to see them. It was just too expensive. I was getting pretty homesick for Elizabethtown. My mother and father were living there, my son and his wife were living there now; and we got the news that Ann was coming home with our granddaughter, Edith Christina Booher, who was now ten months old. This was Mother’s Day 1966; that we found out she was coming home. So we went back to Elizabethtown to live.
Harold started working for B L Taylor at the E’town Bowling Alley. We had sold our house in the country, sold the trailer, and we had rented a house on Mantle. Jean was in beautician school. We had decided when Jean finished beauty school and graduated in May we would take the money we had saved and travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment