Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mammoth Cave Wax Museum


Mammoth Cave Wax Museum - Cave City, Kentucky 
I forgot to tell about helping to set up the Mammoth Cave Wax Museum, Cave City, Kentucky. I did this while I was working at Rose’s, and taking pictures of newborns at the hospital.
I would research each individual that the museum wanted and then I would have a seamstress to make the clothes for the wax figures. There was a man that was making the wax figures and let me tell you he was good. He would place each of the hairs individually on the heads of the figures and then trim them himself until they were to his satisfaction.
I especially liked working on the Lincoln figures and JFK. When the owner had all the figures set up in the museum like he wanted he planned a grand opening. The owner wanted me to manage the museum. He had a suite built upstairs of the museum that they wanted me to live in; but I got to thinking about how all those figures had been set up to move and talk and I just didn’t think I wanted to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment