Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2012

1973 - 1974 Living in Ohio - Jim has Cancer


1973 – 1974 Moved to Ohio to take care of Jean – Jim Gets a Cancer Diagnosis
My youngest daughter had gone through an illness and a divorce and was not able to take care of herself so I had sold my house in Corbin, quit my job at Cumberland Falls, left my boyfriend, Jim hanging, and gone to Ohio where Jean was living. I found us a nice house to live in, paid all the deposits and moved my furniture in.
We had been there almost a year, it was now early in 1974, when there was a knock at the door. It was Jim Jennings and he didn’t look so good. Jim told me the doctor had told him he had lung cancer and that his prognosis wasn’t very good. He wanted to move in with us but Jean didn’t want him to. I reluctantly turned Jim away.
It was down into fall that I got a call from a friend in Elizabethtown who called and told me Jim had collapsed and was in the hospital at Hardin Memorial Hospital.
By now Jean was dating a GI by the name of Gary Fisher. Since I felt Jim needed me now more than Jean, I left my furniture there for her and Gary to bring to me later and went to Elizabethtown to see what I could do for Jim. After Jean married Gary Fisher, January 22, 1975; and they found out he was being shipped to Germany they brought me my furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment