Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2012

1971 - Working for Rose's in Corbin


1971 - Working for Rose’s in Corbin, Kentucky
As I said before, I took the money from the sell of the house on Cherrywood and put the money down on a house in Corbin, KY, where I had taken a job with Rose’s. I was originally to work up ads that I would take to have printed in the newspaper; but I wound up being a combination ad manager, human recourses manager, and security guard.
November of 1968 Jean had married her first husband, James Howell, another military man for the family. When he got out of service they moved to Ohio where his family was. William ‘Bill’ Thomas Howell was born there May 20, 1970.
Dan and Darline’s second son, Tim, was born just a little over a month later on July 23, 1970.
I had settled in pretty good, doing my best to forget about J. C. Jennings, the rat. One day there was a knock at the door and it was Jim. His wife’s family had gotten a divorce on behave of his wife (he had the paperwork to prove it) and he had quit his job at the paper in Elizabethtown and was now working for the newspaper in Corbin. We started dating again.
Jim loved music and dancing almost as much as I did. In our search for a place to go to listen to music and dancing we discovered that the lodge at Cumberland Falls State Park served a great meal. We ate there pretty often. I eventually went to work there as a manager for the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment