Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

1978 Pop Shoupe's Death


1978 – June 14 – Father Leonard Edgar ‘Pop’ Shoupe Dies
Jim and I had first bought a house on Nall Lane and later, in 1976, we bought a house on Bardstown Road, off of 31W. We were living in that house June 14, 1978 when we got a call that my dad, Pop Shoupe, had died. Jim’s cancer had not moved as fast as the doctor had said it would; but he wasn’t able to travel that far either.
Darline, who was pregnant with her third child, stayed with Jim while I went to Pops funeral. Pop was buried in Ohio. Jim’s health started to deteriorate and he started spending more and more time in the hospital than at home. I called his daughter, Harvey Francis and tried to get her to come and see him. In the morning hours on the 22 of December, 1978, J. C. Jennings died from the lung cancer.
Mid morning of that same day I got a call from the hospital that a woman and three children had come to the hospital to see Jim and they had told her he had died. I thought that it had been Jim’s daughter but found out later that it had been my oldest daughter, Ann, and her three daughters. They stayed over for the funeral. Jim was buried outside of Maysville, Kentucky. Dana Darline Thomas, Darline and Danny’s youngest child was born January 5, 1979; just weeks after Jim died.

No comments:

Post a Comment