Translate

Thursday, March 15, 2012

2011 Results and Diagnosis

Jan 17, 2011 – 12:45 PM, Dr. Anthony G. Rogers Results of lung biopsy
As we are going up in the elevator I remember what had happened forty one years ago to the day. I had buried my first husband, Harold. I mention this to Ann as we ride up in the elevator. My bad feeling just keeps getting stronger.


Dr. Rogers is a very nice man, who has to give me a bad diagnosis. There are now two masses in the lung instead of only one. It is small cell/large cell carcinoma. Whatever that is; I will have Ann to research it and tell me exactly what we are facing. I know it’s cancer but what kind is it?


Dr. Rogers is going to contact Hospice. Ann panics because she knows that means that I only have six months max; but Dr. Rogers says that Hospice isn’t like that any more. They are there to be of help to everyone; the care giver and the patient. I still have my doubts, we will see.


NOTE: When I did the research on the small cell/large cell carcinoma I found out that by the time it was diagnosed it was really too late to do anything but wait for the end. Mother had made me promise that I would hold nothing back from her, no matter what I found out. I tried to keep this information from her, but she kept asking until I just handed her the information that I had printed out. She took it better than I did. But that isn’t surprising; she has always been a stronger individual than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment