Translate

Thursday, March 1, 2012

1987 Publish my First Cook Book


1987 – Published my Cook Book
– A Cookbook of Treasures; Alberta’s Trash or Treasures
I was living on Coonhunter Road in Elizabethtown; taking care of J. C. Jennings; and running an Antiques and Collectibles Shop called Alberta’s Trash or Treasures when I decided that I would publish a cookbook with the same name on it.
I did a real rush job on the cookbook, not even doing an edit before I had it published. It has been a real hit with family and friends and I could sell hundreds of copies time and again if I could get my hands on any more of them. But there are some humdingers of errors in there. Pecan pie with no pecans and no eggs stands out in my mind.
But there were people in my cook book that I have no idea who they are and people getting credit for recipes that they’ve never heard of. If I ever do another cook book I guarantee I will do an edit copy first!

No comments:

Post a Comment