Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gorilla Glue


Gorilla Glue
When I lived in Upton, Kentucky, Anita and Brother Elmer came to visit me. The chair that Anita sat down in collapsed from under her. I was going to throw the chair away but Brother Elmer told me to get Gorilla Glue and he would be able to fix the chair.
I guess I didn’t pay as much mind as I thought I had because when I went into Lowe’s looking for my glue I couldn’t find it. There was a man there in Lowe’s putting up stock and he asked if I had found everything all right. “No,” I told him “I can’t find the Giraffe Glue.”
The man dropped his head, kinda laughed to himself, turned loose of his cart and said, “Come on I think I know what you are looking for and I will show you.”
When I saw that he had picked up Gorilla Glue and not Giraffe Glue I said, “Well, I knew it was something big and strong; guess I know now it is gorilla and not giraffe.”
The man said, “Lady that is the best laugh I’ve had in a long time. Thank you for making my day better.”
I could hear him as I was checking out and he was still laughing when I left the store.
Note: When we heard this story, Sis and I bought a miniature palm tree, a miniature gorilla, and a miniature giraffe which we gave to mother as a joke. I guess the joke was on us; she kept those small items in her kitchen window until she moved in with me December 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment