Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Barkley Lake Trip

– Trip to Barkley Lake
I hope I finally have this David Court situation taken care of. I want to talk about a trip I took with two of my grand daughters to Barkley Lake. I wanted to find a place to live down by Barkley Lake since I didn’t like to travel by myself, I took two of Ann’s daughters, Angie and Teri. We stayed at a lodge that had a swimming pool. We were on the ground floor and I could see them swim from outside of the room we were staying in. The girls stayed in the pool or in the dining room the whole time we stayed there. We had a blast.


As we were coming back I had made a wrong turn. The first thing that had happened was the girls said, “Nanny, you are going too fast. You are over the speed limit.” About that time we were passing a highway marker for highway 82.


I said, “Girls do you see that sign? It says I can go 82 through here.” Of course I knew it was route 82, but they went along with me and didn’t say anymore about my speed


Next thing I know we are on Pennyrile Parkway going in the wrong direction. I traveled another thirty seven miles beyond where we were and the girls pointed out a turn around. They asked “Can’t you turn around there?” “No,” I told them, I am a law abiding citizen and that says I can’t use it, so I won’t.”


After awhile I noticed that the gas hand said the car was almost empty. I kept looking but there just wasn’t a place to get gas and that gas hand was sitting on almost empty. I realized there was no way to put gas back in the car so the very next cross over that I saw I turned around, even though it had a no crossing sign on it, I used it.


Those girls have never let me live that down. They will say, “Yeah Nanny is a law abiding citizen but she sure can speed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment