Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

2011 – Visit from Sisters, Dessie Sue from Texas and Ardith Faye from Murray

Mother has contacted Aunt Sue’s son, Derrick, asking him to see if he can get his mother, Dessie Sue to come visit her. Sue is mother’s youngest sister. Derrick calls me to ask if mother has gotten too far to enjoy the visit. I tell him I think it is something that needs to happen sooner than later.

Within twenty minutes mother gets a phone call from Aunt Sue that she is coming to Kentucky. Mother then asked me to call and see if Faye can come up from Murray. They arrive within hours of one another; but only stay a few days.

As Sue is leaving she goes into mother’s room and tells her she will be back for the Kentucky Derby and they will have a Derby Party, just like in the old days. Mother gives them hugs and tells them goodbye.

When I went in that night to tuck her in, she looked up at me and says, “You know, your Aunt Sue is right; she will be in Kentucky on Derby Weekend; but it won't be for the Derby. It will be to attend my funeral.”

No comments:

Post a Comment